Polski
русский
Українська

How to get rid of mold without toxic products: an easy way

Alina MilsentLifestyle
How to clean mold. Source: Created with the help of AI

Lack of ventilation combined with excess moisture is one of the causes of mold. Fungal spores multiply extremely quickly, leading to serious health problems: from allergic reactions or dermatitis to respiratory diseases.

So don't just think of mold as an aesthetic defect. You need to act quickly. The Express publication told us how to get rid of mold without using toxic products.

Method 1

Surface mold can be removed with a non-toxic solution that is an effective and safe alternative to bleach.

  1. Pour warm water into a container (e.g., a bowl).
  2. Add a little dishwashing liquid.
  3. Use a sponge to wash the affected area. Dry the area thoroughly with microfiber cloths or kitchen paper.

Method 2

If the mold has already penetrated deeply into the surface, white vinegar can help. It's less aggressive than chemicals, but it's just as good at cleaning bathroom caulk and other areas of black mold.

  1. Mix water and vinegar in a 3:1 ratio and add a little dishwashing detergent.
  2. It is better to use a spray bottle to apply the liquid to the surface.
  3. Thoroughly wipe the affected areas with a damp sponge and dry with kitchen paper or a napkin.

Method 3

The most effective cleaning solution, according to cleaning experts, is a combination of baking soda and vinegar. The algorithm is similar to the previous one: pour water into a spray bottle, add vinegar and a little baking soda. Next, spray the liquid on the surface and thoroughly treat the affected areas.

Method 4

Tea tree oil is another effective and non-toxic way to get rid of mold

  1. You will need two cups of warm water and tea tree oil.
  2. Mix the ingredients in a spray bottle and spray on the moldy areas. It is better to take 2 tablespoons of oil for 2 cups of water.
  3. This product does not need to be washed off. Just wait for the active ingredients to work and wipe the surface with a damp sponge. The rather intense odor disappears within a few days.

Since mold naturally grows in humid environments, be sure to wipe down any wet surfaces and prevent leaks and condensation. A dehumidifier is a good investment.

Subscribe to the OBOZ.UA channels in Telegram and Viber to keep up with the latest developments.

Other News

Syrniki in sour cream filling: perfect with strawberries

Syrniki in sour cream filling: perfect with strawberries

A new vision of a familiar dish